Single Sign On
Single sign-on (SSO) is related to Federated Identity Access, where a user’s authentication process is made available across multiple distributed systems or even organizations. SSO is a subset of Federated Identity Management, as it relates only to authentication and is understood on the level of technical interoperability.
SSO is a session/user authentication process that permits a user to enter one name and password in order to access multiple applications. The process authenticates the user for all the applications they have been given rights to and eliminates further prompts when they switch applications or networks during a particular session.
SSO introduces many benefits;
- Reduces phishing success, because users are not trained to enter password everywhere without thinking
- Reducing password fatigue from different user name and password combination
- Reducing time spent re-entering passwords for the same identity
- Can support conventional authentication such as Windows credentials (i.e. username/password)
- Reducing IT costs due to lower number of IT help desk calls about passwords
- Security on all levels of entry/exit/access to systems without the inconvenience of re-prompting users
- Centralized reporting for compliance adherence
- Consistent security profiling approach across networks and applications based on the identity
DTS Solution can provide the right consulting services to enable your organization to select the right SSO and Federated Access Management Solutions, develop an Identity Access Management framework and translate the framework into an operational service.