- Cloud Computing
- Service Provider Solutions
- Storage Solutions
- Products Overview
Data Migration Solutions
Move files between devices–without downtime and without affecting users
You might need to perform data migration–the process of moving data between storage devices–for any number of reasons, including file server or Network Attached Storage (NAS) consolidations, lease rollovers, platform upgrades, and vendor transitions. These migrations are often costly, time-consuming, and disruptive, and they almost always require service outages and manual reconfiguration of client systems and applications.
F5′s intelligent file virtualization solution enables file-based data migration without downtime and without complex reconfiguration. Data migrations can take place automatically, online, and without disrupting your business.
Why do I need file-based data migration?
Business benefits of using F5 for file-based data migration include:
- No client reconfiguration required.This can reduce migration times by as much as 90%, speeding upgrades, consolidations, and storage platform changes.
- No impact on user access.Powerful policies can automate the movement of entire file systems or just individual files between heterogeneous storage devices for both NFS and CIFS-oriented data.
- Reduced operational overhead.A result of streamlining migration with automated data movement.
- No need for stubs, pointers, or log files for data movement.These can reduce availability and add complexity to the backup and restore window.