Two-Factor Authentication and User Identity Management
The FortiAuthenticator™ is a user identity management appliance, developed to enable user authentication, two-factor authentication, identity verification and network access.
FortiAuthenticator has been developed to complement and extend the FortiToken™ two-factor authentication capability to multiple FortiGate® devices, as well as any third-party solution supporting RADIUS or LDAP authentication. FortiAuthenticator and FortiToken ensure that only authorized individuals access your organization’s sensitive information — enabling more efficient business processes, protecting your data, lowering IT costs, and boosting user productivity.
Designed to provide a centralized repository for user validation, FortiAuthenticator brings together multiple technologies for user authentication:
- RADIUS and LDAP (password) authentication, enhanced with FortiToken two-factor authentication
- FortiGate Single Sign-On (FSSO), transparent user authentication used by FortiGate identity-based policies
Product Features and Benefits
- Simple deployment and a low-cost upgrade path from existing FortiToken deployments.
- Centralized user authentication via standards-based RADIUS or LDAP to support the widest range of network access servers
- Integration with existing LDAP-based authentication databases accelerates deployment
- Strong two-factor authentication delivers additional security and confidence in user identity over traditional password-based authentication.
- Fortinet Single Sign On integrates with existing Active Directory infrastructures to provide transparent network authentication and identity-based policies with FortiGate.